HVAC industry is highly profitable if your marketing is in place. Every HVAC company owner would prefer commercial over residential jobs for obvious reasons. There is more money to be made in commercial than residential. We will focus on both residential and commercial in this article. However, we can’t ignore the fact that there are more potential in residential jobs for 3 reasons:
- Residential customers refer you to others more.
- Business owners who don’t have an A/C man for their homes, most likely don’t have one for their businesses.
- Residential jobs are easier to find.
3 Ways To Get Leads For Your HVAC Company
We created a list of ways to get leads. We also mentioned their pros and cons so you can decide what works the best for you. Let’s dive in:
1. Social Media
I know you are tired of hearing this. But, the truth is you can survive and expand without social media but you can not scale your business. It’s hard for businesses to ignore social media platforms nowadays. Getting leads through social media has its own advantage and disadvantages:
- You should post on a daily basis.
- What works and what doesn’t depend on testing and analyzing.
- Platforms get updated constantly.
- It takes more than a month to see result.
- It costs less than any other lead generation methods.
- There are a lot of automation methods to make the process less time consuming and the lead generation faster.
The best social media platforms for a HVAC company are LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
LinkedIn is the best platform for B2B type businesses. If you are looking for commercial jobs, you must use LinkedIn. It is extremely professional and straight forward. I am active on my LinkedIn more than any other platform. Don’t forget to connect with me.
Facebook is the largest community of humans in the history. If you aren’t using Facebook to your advantage, you are missing out. Another reason to use Facebook is the advertising platform which we will discuss in the advertising section. Click here to see how we grew a Facebook page to 5369 in 10 days.
Instagram is the most engaging social media platform on the planet. In another word, people recall what they see on Instagram more than any other social media platform. When someone follows you on Instagram and you post on a daily basis, who do you think they will contact when they need an air conditioning technician?
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
You probably know how important Google is. People Google everything. The only challenge is to get on the first page of Google when someone searches for your services. Lucky for you, getting on the first page is much easier for small local businesses. Once you are on the first page of Google, you will receive a ton of leads.
- It takes more than 3 months to work.
- It requires an expert to optimize your website.
- It generates the most lead over time.
- Once you are on the first page, generating leads will be effortless.
- Your local marketing is tied to your SEO.
Related article: How to get more reviews?
Keep in mind, SEO will get harder and more expensive every month because of the competitions. There are some industries such as real estate that ranking on the first page for a small business is unlikely.
Advertising is the fastest way to get leads. Nonetheless, it costs the most. Google PPC (pay per click) is already expensive because of the competitions. Therefore, we don’t recommend Google PPC if you don’t have a successfully converting funnel in place. Lucky for you, Facebook advertising is not overpriced yet. The cost of Facebook advertising is rising but it’s still highly profitable for small businesses.
- You always have to spend money to get leads.
- Your results are far less expensive if you hire an agency.
- It is the fastest way to get leads.
- You can start with only $5.
- It is highly targeted.
Related article: How to get more lead by using Facebook lead form?
You can generate leads for less than $7 and drive traffic to your website for less than $0.10 on Facebook. Think of Facebook advertising as an exchange. You have to give the audience something for their information. What you give them could be a great deal or a coupon, digital product, etc.
Before You Try To Generate Leads
We start anything with its foundation. Foundation of digital marketing and advertising is your website. People visit your website to answer their questions. Here is a few recommendations for your website to get the most out of your marketing and advertising campaigns:
- Mobile friendly
- 3-5 seconds loading time
- Simple and clean design
- Your business photos (Don’t use stock photos as much as possible)
- Have a FAQ page
Sharing is caring
We spend thousands of dollars every month to test different advertising and marketing methods. We learn from our mistakes and share them with you so you don’t have to. To encourage us to do more testing, please share our content or follow us on social media. Thank you 😍